Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I just wanna dance!


When I go out at night (especially when I'm wearing my Chuck Taylors instead of heels) I pretty much just want to sweat all the stresses of my week away. I wanna dance hard because I wanna feel something. I want to party...with purpose!

Do you know who has the best events with a purpose in all of NYC for the past many years? Will Etundi. Most recently I unknowingly went to one of his "I heart Danger Parties" in the huge 3rd Ward building off the Montrose Stop and it was amazing. I didn't know whose party it was until I saw the flyer when I got there and it looked familliar so I did more research. Before he started this group he had another group called Complacent Nation and my sisters went to the final complacent nation party called One Night of Fire which started in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge where a tug of war would decide if the party continued to Manahattan or Brooklyn (they had no permits) and moved on the F train to Coney Island. I kicked myself in the ass hard for not showing up to this one. This guy also did the Money Project where he dumped Two-Thousand in $1 bills on shoppers in Herald Square. Also does anyone remember the Cabaret Law thing that happened a few years back? I was in Georgia at the time but I remembered how stupid it was when my friends and family told me on the phone. Well, Complacent Nation had an outdoor party outside Mayor Bloombergs home! He is one of my personal heroes because he is a man of momentum.




Nelly Furtado - Live Cover of Gnarl's Barkley "Crazy"

Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stonger

No comments: