Friday, August 06, 2010

Good Morning



I feel like I am on the verge of entering a new life phase. One where I am more awake and I am seeing the qualities re-emerge of what I would like to consider my truer self.

After college, I threw myself into my career very hard because I wanted to succeed. And justify my existence here--on this planet and New York in particular. In the process I sacrificed something of myself. The curious, naive, genuinely friendly person was taken over by self implanted traits that I thought I needed to get by. I always felt too busy, stressed and found myself always evaluating my return-on-investment with friends, hobbies, routines.

Now I want to reorder my life's requirements to be more focused on personal growth, interaction with people in world's different than my own and leaving a positive footprint. In other words--the things I actually find fun. I have many gifts, but most importantly a good eye for seeing the best in people and creating scenarios where we can all do our best work.

No comments: